Grants are now available to support businesses in West Lindsey who have been forced to shut due to the restrictions of the second National lockdown.
The Business Closure Grant scheme was launched by West Lindsey District Council last week (Friday 13 November) and if businesses are eligible, they can receive between £1,334 and £3,000 depending on the size of the business.
To qualify for a grant, businesses must:
- have been open as usual and have been providing in-person services to customers from their business premises on 4 November 2020 and then mandated to close by Government
- still be closed due to national restrictions imposed on 23 March 2020 as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 i.e. nightclubs, entertainment venues etc.
- have been registered and be the liable business rate payer on 5 November 2020, or can evidence rent/lease or mortgage payments for business premises (separate to place of residence)
Businesses that are required to close but then have diversified to remain open such as retaining a takeaway service or click and collect facility, may still be eligible for a grant.
Leader of West Lindsey District Council, Cllr Owen Bierley said: “We know this is a difficult time for businesses and we are here to help where we can. Businesses may apply for this fund regardless of any other national or local COVID-19 grants or loans they have already received. Other support is available on our website.”
Businesses will need to provide information to demonstrate eligibility.
- Business Bank Statement
- Most Recent Business Rates Bill or Signed Lease/Mortgage Statement with details of annual cost
- Declaration, including compliance with State Aid rules.
In addition, West Lindsey District Council has been awarded additional funds to support businesses affected by the national lock down but not required to close. The guidance on this is currently being developed and will be published once this is finalised.
For more information go to www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/businessclosuregrant.