Gainsborough is a thriving Lincolnshire market town with major growth ambitions. The 20 year regeneration plan for the town is already underway – making now the ideal time to invest in the town.
Currently underway in Gainsborough:
- A well planned and vibrant town centre, which has a variety of high quality shops, services and leisure uses.
- Developed heritage assets creating unique landmark attractions, building on the success of Marshall’s Yard and Whittons Mill.
- An enhanced network of green spaces.
- Gainsborough’s first sustainable Urban Extension, with range of high quality housing and employment provision.
- A growing economy providing a wide range of jobs to serve an expanded workforce.
- An improved transport network with enhanced rail provision which has capitalised on the links to the Humber Bank, Doncaster and Sheffield.
- A town which is embracing green technologies.
As a growth area, Gainsborough is seeking to increase its population to support the local economy.
Gainsborough has two urban extensions to the north and south of the town which will accommodate at least 2,150 new homes before 2036. The Southern Neighbourhood has the benefit of planning consent for 2,500 homes, employment land, commercial space and social infrastructure. The Northern Neighbourhood is located adjacent to Thonock Park Golf Club. An outline planning application has been submitted for an initial development of circa 750 new homes with supporting local facilities. The development of these sites provide the opportunity to develop a new and differentiated housing market in the town building on the successful new developments at The Swale, The Belt and Foxby Lane.
West Lindsey District Council’s £18 million regeneration plan for Gainsborough includes:
- Support the development of brownfield Housing sites in partnership with Homes England.
- Deliver public realm and heritage-led regeneration which will secure the town’s historic character.
- Enhance the linkages between the town centre, Marshall’s Yard and the river front.
- Rejuvenate the town centre – stimulate leisure and restaurant uses in the heart of Gainsborough, coupled with support for new businesses to occupy vacant shops.
- Improve the town’s traditional housing stock and environment.
- Progress the Gainsborough Marina – a transformational project.
Learn about our current opportunities.