In partnership with Business Lincolnshire, City of Lincoln Council, North Kesteven District Council, West Lindsey District Council and Lincoln BIG, Visit Lincoln hosted a digitised conference via a dedicated Facebook Group, sharing information about the government’s Tourism Sector Deal and the impact of Coronavirus on Lincolnshire’s Tourism and Hospitality industries.
While the Coronavirus is affecting all industries, the Tourism and Hospitality sector has experienced the most impact. At the moment businesses are firefighting to get through the immediate impact that it’s having but they also have to think about the future and recovery planning.
In the Visit Lincoln Digital Talking Tourism Conference, industry experts looked at the Tourism Sector Deal. The circumstances have dramatically changed since it launched last year, but some elements could help businesses build a stronger tourism sector in the future.
Charlotte Goy, Interim CEO of Visit Lincoln, said: “It’s really important that we do everything we can to support our Tourism and Hospitality community. We have a large network of people who we work with and a strong consumer reach, which means we can make a difference.
It is not a good time to encourage people to travel to Lincolnshire, as this would be irresponsible, but we can continue sharing stories about the county that engage and inspire. People are consuming content at a much higher rate than ever before so we need to bring Lincolnshire to them.”
The digital conference collated a series of pre-recorded videos:
- Charlotte Goy, Interim CEO of Visit Lincoln, gave an update on the Tourism Sector Deal, the opportunities it could present businesses in the visitor economy and Greater Lincolnshire’s desire to be a Tourism Zone.
- Sarah Loftus, Chief Executive of Lincoln BIG, gave an update on plans to support Lincoln BIG levy payers and future events.
- Hayley Toyne discussed the impact of the Coronavirus outbreak on the food and drink industry and provided advice and information to support businesses in the sector.
- Amy Wallis, Founder of Market Inn, presented top tips on content and digital marketing for businesses in the tourism sector
- Richard Hallsworth, Director of Nicholsons Chartered Accountants, offered an update on the support available to businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure industry.
Watch the conference video content below or via the Visit Lincoln Youtube channel.